Canadian and provincial governments are stepping up to provide grant funding for digital transformation projects across manufacturing sectors. The grant programs oftentimes cover technology assessment, Industry 4.0, business process improvement, ERP selection, and ERP implementation projects.
The following list summarizes several key programs. We have written a detailed article Grants, Assessments & ERP Selection: A Guide for Canadian Manufacturers, which describes each of the programs along with a guide on how to successfully execute digital transformation and ERP selection projects.
List of Canadian Grant Programs for ERP and Technology Adoption
- Ontario CME Technology Assessment Program (CME TAP): up to $25,000 and 100% of eligible costs for technology assessments, which include ERP selection
- Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP): up to $100,000 and 50% of eligible costs for supply chain improvements, including ERP selection and implementation
- Atlantic Canada Advanced Manufacturing Technology Assessments: up to $50,000 and 75% of eligible costs for technology assessments, which include ERP selection
- Saskatchewan Lean Improvements in Manufacturing (SLIM): 50% of eligible costs for up to $20,000 for technology assessments and $500,000 for captial investments, which include ERP selection and implementation
- Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program (CASPP): up to $1,000,000 and 50% of eligible costs for technology adoption or commercialization projects, including ERP selection and implementation
Best-Practices to Successfully Deliver your ERP and Digital Transformation Program
Once you’ve secured the funding, you need to make sure that you successfully execute a complex technology program. Statistically, up to 75% of transformative ERP projects fail to deliver the intended benefits. At Pemeco, our methodology has worked for over 40 years and across 140 different systems and 700 transformative ERP implementations with a 100% success rate.
The approach we employ takes a holistic view of digital transformation – one that covers organizational structures and people, data, business processes, and technologies. History has shown that spending the upfront time preparing an ERP-driven digital transformation plan tightly pegged to business strategies is critical to benefits realization. It gives companies the benchmarks they need to evaluate ERP systems against short-term and long-term needs. Also, the act of focusing on common targets helps to align key stakeholders, clarify scope, and resolve conflict.
Our detailed article – Grants, Assessments & ERP Selection: A Guide for Canadian Manufacturers – describes the grant programs and best-practices to develop and execute a strategically-aligned digital transformation plan.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join over 5,000 other on the Pemeco email list to get exclusive content about ERP and Digital Transformation to your inbox